Saturday, August 4, 2012

Book Review: Flea Market Style





I recently read this book. At first I was going to buy it, but decided to check it out from the library instead.  I have Flea Market Style magazine and I loved the magazine more than the book. The book is great, don't get me wrong.  I love how eclectic the rooms are styled, somewhat like myself.



This is one of my favorite photos. I'm not a pastel type of person, to me this a little too pastel in color, but I love, love,  bright yellow on the chairs. I think these chairs are stadium benches or something; I don't remember the book mentioning where they were from. 



I don't have children and I'm not planning on having children, but the children's section of the book was my favorite. I just thought it was the most creative and it had the most vibrant colors. A lot of these ideas I want to steal for my own bedroom. The wall paper was mentioned through out the book, how you could use pieces of leftover wall paper and create a collage (what an awesome idea).



Another favorite concept is how everything looks so effortless.  For example: in this picture how it looks like someone just got up from reading a magazine, left the magazines on the floor, so that Debbie Treolar (the photographer) could take a picture. The majority of the rooms look effortless, livable, natural as if the crue just showed up one day unexpectedly and started taking pictures. I think that when something looks effortless it looks most beautiful.



Another great thing about this book is how collected everything looks.  It makes me think, how long would it take me to collect all of this stuff without just going on ebay and ordering the whole thing. I have started a collection myself, well two collections, one of dolls(which I don't plan on expanding much more) and the other of blue/ white china. I don't think I will ever be able to acquire such an expansive collection my self, but we'll see when I'm 70.
If you wish to purchase this book, here it is on amazon Flea Market Style.





1 comment:

  1. My idea of beauty is somebody that doesn't have to try too much, someone who is
    effortless and fresh. See the
    link below for more info.

    #effortless
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete